Made in the UK
Manufactured in the UK, using our many years of expertise, Vimpex deliver outstanding fire evacuation and building system alarm products for the global fire and security market.
Products manufactured and distributed by Vimpex are built to exceptional standards and represent an impressive blend of robust reliability and smart aesthetics.
The majority of our products can be customised, adapted and created for OEM solutions. We can help make our products your own.
Our expertise and close partnership with global manufacturers means we offer excellent technical support for all our products.
Arguably the single most important fire safety mechanism, electromagnetic door holders guard against the lethal spread of toxic smoke and fumes - by far the greatest cause of death in fire situations.
Mounted onto a fixed surface, these door holders ensure retention of the fire door by means of a smart metallic keeper plate. Interfaced with the fire alarm system, the door holders are de-energised as soon as the fire is detected, thus releasing the door without the potentially harmful delay suffered by other types of devices.
- Choice of holding power, 200-1000N
- Various styles and mounting methods available including heavy duty, wall mounted and universal units
- Wired or wireless acoustically triggered units
- Standard units feature strong back box
- Heavy duty, high power versions stocked
- Approved to EN 1155 and CE Marked
Vimpex is one of the largest distributors of electromagnetic door holders in the UK and we an extensive range of door holders available in both metal and plastic enclosures.
- Metal and ABS versions available
- Range of accessories and mounting methods
- Always available ex-stock for immediate delivery
This wireless battery-powered magnetic Door Holder is triggered acoustically when the fire alarm sounders are activated. No external wiring is required with battery life in excess of 12 months with 2 standard 'C' cells.
- Uses fire alarm signal to release door
- Quick, wire-free installation for retrofit applications
- Professional wire-free installation with no risk of damage to decor