Vimpex recognises that bribery and corruption have an adverse effect on business and the communities in which they operate. Failure to identify and act upon bribery or corruption can break laws and basic human freedoms, distorting free trade and competition. The Company’s definitions of bribery and corruption are below.
Bribery – The act of taking or receiving something with the intention of influencing the recipient in some way favourable to the party providing the bribe.
Corruption – Giving or obtaining advantage through means which are illegitimate, immoral and/or inconsistent with one’s duty or the rights of others.
Collusion – Any anti-competitive act, conversation or agreement with competitors which results in Price Fixing, Fixing Trade Conditions, Market Sharing, Production/Investment Limiting, Bid-rigging, Joint Purchasing or Selling, Sharing Information, Restrictive Advertising, Setting Technical or Design Standards.
This list is not exhaustive.
Vimpex will not tolerate any form of bribery and corruption and seeks to act with honesty and integrity in all of its business dealings. We will immediately and thoroughly investigate any allegation or bribery or corruption, and will take the strongest action. Breaches of this policy may be considered to be gross misconduct.
Laws and Regulations
Vimpex is committed to applying high standards of honesty and integrity across our businesses. Our Bribery, Corruption and Anti-Collusions Policy mirrors the statutory requirements applicable in the UK and the EU.
Policy and Practices
This Anti Bribery, Corruption and Anti-Collusion Policy applies to all employees, agency workers, consultants, and contractors, irrespective of their level or functions they perform within the Company. Vimpex expect business partners, suppliers and contractors to act with utmost integrity and without actions or thoughts involving bribery and/or corruption.
All employees, consultants, contractors and agency workers, and any individual working directly for the business (including agents) are required and agree to operate within the following guidelines:
- To always act with honesty and integrity and support the Company’s policy relating to bribery, corruption and collusion.
- Not to offer or make any bribe, outlandish or unauthorised payment or incentive of any kind to anyone.
- Not to solicit business by offering any bribe, unorthodox or unofficial payment to customers or potential customers.
- Not to accept any kind of bribe, unorthodox or unusual payment or inducement that would not be authorised by the Company in the ordinary course of business.
- To refuse any bribe or outlandish payment, and to do so in a manner that is not open to misunderstanding or giving rise to false expectation payments, and to report any such offers.
- Not to make facilitation payments. These are payments used by businesses or individuals to secure or accelerate a service or product. The Company will not tolerate or overlook such payments being made.
- To report any breaches of the policy if you suspect Bribery or Corruption is occurring or has occurred previously or if you are unclear on procedures or your responsibilities.
Any breach of policy by any employee will be considered as grounds for disciplinary action and may be considered to be gross misconduct. A breach by a contractor or consultant will be considered grounds to terminate any contract or agreement with that individual or Company.