Shrove Tuesday, Pancake Day is a day where many households around the country get together to flip their favourite combinations. However, we shouldn't forget basic fire safety before we get creative in the kitchen!
Follow our fire safety steps to stay safe in the kitchen this pancake day...
- Never leave your frying pan unattended when the heat is on
- If the pan catches fire, do not move it!
- Don't throw water over the pan, turn off the heat if safe to do so and get out
- Call 999 if your fire starts to get out of control, whilst waiting for the fire brigade, seek safe refuge.
- Always be sure to test your smoke alarms
- Always supervise young children in the kitchen